2010, June 18. Bukidnon State University, 86th Anniversary
Amstar Company, Inc. Perf. 14.
pairs, Sheets of 40 (4 x 10)
Se-tenant Pairs (52,500)
University Logo and Main Building
Logo and Education Building
First Day Cover: Manila
BUKIDNON STATE UNIVERSITY
Bukidnon State University is located in the capital town of
Malaybalay City, Bukidnon and is strategically positioned to serve
Region 10, the CARAGA Region and other outlaying cities and
provinces of Mindanao. It is one of the leading educational
institutions serving the people not only in Mindanao but also the
country in general.
The Bukidnon State College was known as the Bukidnon Provincial High
School when it started offering education courses in 1924, to
produce elementary school teachers. On October 1927 it acquired a
6.02-hectare of land area, on which most of the present school
buildings are housed. In the succeeding year, it was converted into
a normal school and was then renamed as the Bukidnon Normal School.
However, the school had to close during World War II, on December 9,
1941, even as it was making a slight headway towards acquiring a
The school re-opened on September 1, 1945. Classes were held in Army
tents at the provincial capitol grounds in Malaybalay and in private
homes. Nipa-roofed buildings served as classrooms in 1947 until new,
semi-permanent structures were built from war damage claims.
The College obtained the University status with RA 9456 converting
BSC to BSU, signed by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. Rigorous
improvements are aligned to address the global perspective of the