2017, January 15. Bustos, Bulacan Centennial
Litho Offset, Amstar Company, Inc.,
Singles, Sheets of 40
12p Centennial Logo, Bustos, Bulacan - Singles (101,000)
Designer: Rodine C. Teodoro
First Day Covers: Manila & Bustos,
BUSTOS, BULACAN CENTENARY
Bustos was part of the town of Baliuag as its barrio during the
Spanish Period. The town was separated from Baliuag by a tragic
incident when around 1860, a rainy Sunday, a group of natives from
Bustos with babies in their arms were on their way to St. Augustine
Parish Church of Baliuag for baptismal when they drowned when the
raft they were riding capsized while crossing the wild river
of Angat due to strong water current. This fateful event led the
people of Bustos to request and build their own parish. The people
chose Holy Child Jesus (Sto. Niņo) as their patron saint.
Bustos also gained its independence from Baliuag in April 29, 1867
through the painstaking efforts and sacrifices of its inhabitants
with the integration of barrios Bonga Mayor and Bonga Menor.
Bustos was again separated from Baliuag and became a distinct
municipality on January 1, 1916 during the Philippine Assembly.
After a year the town inaugurated its Municipal Hall on
January 1, 1917.
With the theme "Bustos Sentenaryo: Isang Daan tungo sa Ikasandaan",
Bustos is about to celebrate its 100th year founding anniversary in
the same time with the 7th Minasa Festival.
Sto. Niņo de Bustos Parish
Church, on the other hand, will also celebrate its 150th year
founding anniversary as an independent parish church.